- PRIMA European project, 2008-2011. The project PRIMA aims to develop a method for scaling down the analysis of policy impacts on multifunctional land uses and on the economic activities. This method will rely on micro-simulation and multi-agents models, designed and validated at municipality level, using input from stakeholders. The models will address the structural evolution of the populations (appearance, disappearance and change of agents) depending on the local conditions for applying the structural policies on a set of municipality case studies.
- PATRES. European project, 2007-2010.
PATRES is a project supported by the New and Emerging Science and Technology programme of the sixth Framework Programme of the European Commission, coordinated by LISC. It studies the application of a definition of resilience developed in LISC to a series of case studies of complex dynamics (savanna, languages, bacterial biofilms, web). The book: “Viability and Resilience of Complex Systems: Concepts, Methods and Case studies from Ecology and Society”. G. Deffuant and N. Gilbert editors. Springer 2011, synthetises the research carried out during this project. more info on the book.
- IMAGES. European project, 1997-2000
- resus.irstea.fr. ANR project, 2015-2016.Réseau sur la viabilité et la durabilité.
- Démether. ANR project, 2012-2015. Manufacture of reliable insulation panels for the construction industry made from by-products of sunflower farming.
- DISCO. ANR project (SYSCOMM call, 2010 - 2013). The objective is to develop and study computational and mathematical models of biofilm dynamics, taking into account the biodiversity (distribution of bacteria species) and spatial structure. The project gathers specialists of IBM study and reduction techniques, mathematical analysis of ecosystems modelling, multi-scale modelling of complex structures and dynamics, wastewater engineering and biodiversity measurements through DNA fingerprints, and solid waste biodegradation and microscopic biofilm structure imaging. During the project, models will be matched with experimental data at both micro and macroscopic scales.
- FORGECO. ANR project, 2009 - 2012, Aims at developing methods for integrated management of forests. Includes participatory processes and use of viability theory.
- DEDUCTION. ANR project (« Agriculture et Développement Durable » call, 2007-2010). LISC coordinates this project. The objective of the project is to study the potential of viability theory in clarifying the concept of sustainable development. The project gathers partners from mathematics who collaborate with specialists of the environment and development.